Climate Cartoons #1 – What is a Carbon Budget? video by Green Majority
Climate science can be a difficult topic to talk about with its many unintuitive concepts, and it's this confusion that leads to confused voters!
This new animated series by Green Majority uses simple language and hand drawn animations to help explain the basic concepts of climate science that citizens need to know to have an informed position on this vital issue, without telling them what to think about it.
The goal is to lower the barrier of entry for people to learn and share ideas about the problems we face, and what we need to do about them.
Starting with this first pilot episode "What is a Carbon Budget?" the series will be designed as a course on climate essentials for newbies, each episode tackling one small piece of the puzzle in bite-sized two or three minute videos. Each episode will continue on from the one prior to it in the series, to encourage discussion of the ideas as well as self-directed learning at the viewers' own pace. Perfect for classes as young as grade nine to our grandparents, the goal is to lower the barrier of entry for people to learn and share ideas about the problems we face, and what we need to do about them.
The next episode will explore the question "What does having a carbon budget mean?" before breaking out into a number of smaller topics such as advantages and disadvantages of various types of renewable energy, carbon pricing methods, centralized versus decentralized energy grids, the risks of geo-engineering and much more, all with the same accessible, calm and thoughtful comparisons and examples that will allow anyone to learn and participate in these important discussions.
In the next few weeks we'll release another video and more information about the series, as well as what we want to do with it. Until then, sit back and enjoy the first episode in the series.
No matter your politics, young or old, if you've ever wondered, "what's the big deal with climate change?" then this series is for you!
- A\J Editorial Board (15) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (141) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (80) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (202) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (21) Food and Culture
- Green Living (28) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 37 weeks 1 day ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 37 weeks 2 days ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 37 weeks 2 days ago