Less than a week left until the Canadian federal election. In part of our 30-day election coverage, we’ve compiled the top environment and election related content that made headlines this week.
This week, Canadians and other organizations have been fighting to make the environment part of election discussions.
- Environmental Defence has updated their primer comparing the federal parties’ position on climate change.
- Greenpeace Canada rated the federal parties’ stances on climate issues featuring an easy to read graphic.
- Vice discusses why Canadian environmental groups are keeping quiet this election.
- Justin Trudeau promises to end boil-water advisories on First Nations reserves.
- Vancouver Mayor, Gregor Robertson, tells the U.S. State Department that current Canadian federal government’s climate change efforts are ‘embarrassing’.
- Sustainable Canada Dialogues released their new volume, Acting on Climate Change: Extending the Dialogue Among Canadians.
In case you missed it, here’s what A\J posted this week:
- 13 Essential Questions for Election Candidates – Make the environment an election issue this year by asking these key questions.
- The Case for Strategic Voting – A strategic voting primer environment voters.
- Voting for the Environment – With less than two weeks until voting, Greenpeace is not giving up on getting Canadians to keep the climate in mind when they head to the polls.
- New Advances in the Art of Issue Avoidance – As the 2015 election continues, candidates are getting more innovative when it comes to avoiding issues.
- Indigenous Women and Water – The top issues for First Nations in the upcoming Federal Election.
- Canada’s Sustainable Freshwater Future – The Call to Action for federal leadership on freshwater aims to make water a top priority for the next federal government.
- A\J Editorial Board (17) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (145) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (81) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (205) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (22) Food and Culture
- Green Living (29) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 48 weeks 6 days ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 49 weeks 2 hours ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 49 weeks 3 hours ago