Communities across Canada are celebrating Bike Month and A\J is joining in on the two-wheeling fun. While Bike Month officially runs from May 27th to June 30th we hope you will become re-enchanted with your bike and integrate cycling into your regular coming-and-goings (if you aren’t already).
Follow our month-long blog series on city cycling for tips on basic bike maintenance, safety, etiquette and more! We’ll also feature interviews with CAN-Bike, Yvonne Bambrick and the Otesha Project, just to name a few.
We’re also giving away some great bike reads: Cyclepedia: A century of iconic bicycle design by Michael Embacher, Gestalten’s Velo 2nd Gear: Bicycle Culture and Style and Chainbreaker Bike Book: A rough guide to bicycle maintenance by Shelley Lynn Jackson. To be entered in the draw, all you have to do is tell us your favourite place to bike in the comments or on our Facebook or Twitter page throughout Bike Month.
We’re cycling advocates because bikes are non-polluting active modes of transportation that lend themselves to healthy and vibrant cities. We recognize that not everyone is able to bike everywhere, but for those bike-curious and occasion cyclists, we hope Gear Up with A\J will help you take the plunge.
- A\J Editorial Board (16) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (142) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (81) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (203) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (21) Food and Culture
- Green Living (29) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 40 weeks 4 days ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 40 weeks 5 days ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 40 weeks 5 days ago