Executive Director - Policy
Alberta Climate Change Office, Edmonton. Alberta is taking leadership to reduce greenhouse gas pollution and protect Albertans’ health, environment and economy for future generations.
In this leadership role you will be the key policy advisor related to Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan. Working collaboratively with other divisions, ministries and external stakeholders you will develop policies that support the development and implementation of clean energy initiatives. Your strong background and passion for climate change will provide guidance to the development, implementation and maintenance of energy efficiency performance standards. You will develop a policy and planning approach to address emerging and changing energy system needs to address climate change issues. Through strategic relationships and policy initiatives you will provide leading climate change advice within national and global arenas.
Your background includes extensive related senior management experience and an understanding of climate change, energy efficiency issues and policy development. You bring strengths in strategic planning, managing resources and developing teams. This position requires a consultative approach in dealing with all stakeholders, demonstrated project leadership experience, an ability to achieve results, and exceptional communication skills. Your abilities to foresee policy challenges and opportunities and build strategic capacity in others will be essential in supporting our goals. A degree in a related field is preferred. This Executive Manager position offers a salary range of $125,318 to $164,691 ($4801.47 - $6310.03 bi-weekly). Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies. Closing date: November 10, 2016
Job ID #1038771 Open Competition
Visit www.jobs.alberta.ca for more information and to apply directly on-line, or fax your resume to Executive Search, Alberta Corporate Human Resources, Fax (780) 422-0468. When applying online, please submit your cover letter and resume as one file. Online applications will receive an automated confirmation. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. Our contact number is (780) 408-8460.
- A\J Editorial Board (17) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (145) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (81) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (205) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (22) Food and Culture
- Green Living (29) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 49 weeks 2 hours ago