Join us at Ontario’s premier forum for sharing cutting-edge climate research and initiatives.
Save the date! Ontario Climate Symposium. Location: York University. Date: May 11th to May 12th, 2017. Register today!
The Ontario Climate Consortium is co-hosting the 5th Annual Ontario Climate Symposium with York University and the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority. This year’s event is taking place at York University this year with presentations and discussions led by an expert panel. Presentations and discussions about what, you ask?
All things climate change!
You don’t need to be a climate change expert to attend. The expert panel will represent diverse disciplines and sectors. Disciplines and perspectives not only involve science but promote art, media and cultural studies. Discussion topics include the ecological determinants of health, the role of urban and rural forests in protecting human health, and the role of greenspace in addressing heat and air pollution.
To better address discussion topics, they have been organized into sub-themes. Sub-themes will include energy, climate justice, planning and implementation, eco-health, climate data, and the performing arts. You heard right!
Since Canada is also celebrating the 150th anniversary of Confederation this year, there will be discussion on what Ontario could be like in the next 150 years. Why 150 years? To integrate the indigenous perspective on the responsibility we collectively share for maintaining the well-being of the Earth and its communities for at least seven generations into the future. Ideas and visions for the discussion are not limited to science solutions but interdisciplinary solutions between science, law, humanities and arts are encouraged.
We’re excited to have the opportunity to join in on the discussion and hear ideas from the expert panel and other attendees. This event is opportunity for collaboration and creation for initiatives to address climate change in Ontario. It’s your chance to join in on the discussion!
- A\J Editorial Board (15) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (139) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (79) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (199) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (21) Food and Culture
- Green Living (28) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 32 weeks 3 days ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 32 weeks 4 days ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 32 weeks 4 days ago