Since its founding but a few short years ago, Sustainability CoLab has achieved great success in helping businesses and companies across Ontario to embrace environmentally-appropriate sustainability efforts. The adaptations and changes have proven very beneficial to the organizations and their communities, as tangible and meaningful steps are taken to reduce our climate impacts while also helping to guide Canadian businesses on the path to a lower-carbon economy.
Effectively, the members of the CoLab Network are helping to build the sustainable economy in cities across Ontario. Through their programs, networks of local businesses are supported in setting and achieving sustainability goals and are celebrated for progress made.
And it all started in the Kitchener-Waterloo community. Sustainability CoLab was inspired by the success of Sustainable Waterloo Region (SWR)’s flagship program, the Regional Carbon Initiative (RCI), which has built a thriving sustainability network in Waterloo Region that works with organizations to set and achieve carbon reduction goals.
Following Trillium-funded research on how to share this approach with communities across Canada and an incubation period within Sustainable Waterloo Region to get off the ground, Sustainability CoLab fully incorporated as a national non-profit in January 2012. Today, CoLab continues to expand its presence across the province - and its impacts in helping our communities become more environmentally-sustainable.
And June 23rd, we'll be joining with the CoLab team to celebrate the 2nd Annual CoLab Connects event and are looking forward to:
- A\J Editorial Board (16) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (142) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (81) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (203) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (21) Food and Culture
- Green Living (29) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 40 weeks 5 days ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 40 weeks 6 days ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 40 weeks 6 days ago