December isn’t always an easy time of year. Winter weather is bearing down, kids are home from school on holidays, you have to talk to family members whose political views you can barely tolerate – and of course there’s the constant bombardment with pressure to consume, consume, consume.
But never fear; A\J is here. We’ve assembled some great content to help get you through the month. In addition to the tips and tricks below, you may also want to check out our 12 Days of Joy series for some feel-good stories to inspire you on the toughest days.
Green your gifts
Read our 9 Guidelines for Green Giving before you do all your shopping.
Green your gift wrap
Check out our 8 Simple Ways to Reduce Your Gift Wrap Waste, including repurposing packing paper and resusing your existing gift wrap.
Keep the kids entertained
Celebrate wildlife with these family-friendly indoor and outdoor activities.
Get comfy with our 9 instant home warm-ups.
Bonus: 10 Ways to Make Your Home a Cozy Snuggle Palace When it's Grey + Horrible Outside, from Yes and Yes.
Choose a tree
Lifecycle analysis answers the Christmas tree debate: real or fake?
Navigate family conversations about climate change
- A\J Editorial Board (17) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (147) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (81) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (208) Current Events
- EcoLogic (5) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (22) Food and Culture
- Green Living (30) Green Living
- Made in Canada (20) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (52) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (10) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (54) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (18) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (34) The Wild Side
- Think Global (11) Think Global
Popular on A\J
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 4 weeks 3 days ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 4 weeks 3 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 4 weeks 4 days ago