Cape Breton University
- Biology (BSc)
- Community Economic Development (MBA)
- Community Studies (BACS)
- Engineering Technology: Environmental Studies (BET)
- Hospitality & Tourism Management (BHTM)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
CBU provides small sizes, a high level of student-faculty interacton and unique course offerings all year round. The school maintains a close, welcoming and diverse community. The Centre for Sustainability in Energy and the Environment is LEED Gold certified. Campus boasts geothermal heating and cooling, a wind farm, a living wall and state of the art labs. CBU’s Unama’ki College is entirely dedicated to aboriginal studies.
CBU offers a variety of degrees, certificates, diplomas and transfer programs, allowing students to personalize their degrees. The surrounding natural environment provides many opportunities for field courses and many volunteer placements are available within the community. The Community Studies program provides learning experiences that are reality-based, experiential and self-directed. Students complete 320 hours of mandatory volunteer work placement. Many undergraduate students get the opportunity to participate in research activities on campus.
The CBU Students Association coordinates volunteer programs and finances a wide range of groups. Outdoor lovers have many fabulous options for recreation, including Cape Breton Highlands National Park and the Cabot Trail.
Best Natural Feature
The Campus is located on Cape Breton Island, boasting the amenities of a city with the welcoming atmosphere and easy access to nature offered by a small town. There is a variety of wildlife on campus as well as a 2km nature trail and stream that provides students with an area for research and studying.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 18 weeks 1 day ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 18 weeks 1 day ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 18 weeks 1 day ago