- Agricultural & Environmental Sciences (BSc-Ag.Env.Sc)
- Animal Science (BSc, MSc, MASc, PhD)
- Atmospheric & Ocean Science (MSc, PhD)
- Biology (BSc)
- Earth & Planetary Sciences (MSc, PhD)
- Earth Sciences (BSc)
- Earth System Science (BSc)
- Entomology (MSc, PhD)
- Environment (BA, BSc, BSc-Ag.Env.Sc)
- Geography (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, PhD)
- Law: Bioethics (LLM)
- Law: Environment (LLM)
- Natural Resources Sciences (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Plant Science (BSc, MSc, MASc, PhD)
- Renewable Resources (MSc, PhD)
- Sustainability, Science & Society (BA, BSc)
- Urban Planning (MUP)
- Urban Systems (BA)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
McGill's Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is internationally recognized for its world class research and top-notch degrees. A free intercampus shuttle and good public transit ensure that students have access to everything the thriving City of Montreal has to offer. The school encourages a collaborative atmosphere and a high level of student-teacher interaction. McGill has also adopted an action plan to guide sustainable initiatives on campus, including a Sustainability Policy and an $800,000 yearly Sustainable Projects Fund. Researchers have access to world-class research facilities on both of McGill’s campuses and at its unique network of field stations.
McGill's campuses include numerous research centres such as the Avian Science & Conservation Centre and the Brace Centre for Water Resources Management. Programs emphasize hands-on learning and many courses include field-work components. The Desert Ecology course takes place entirely in the field, taugh in Texas, California or Arizona. Field semesters are also available in Barbados, Panama and East Africa. Food Science students can work within the food industry and agricultural students can participate in farm internships either locally or abroad. Biology and Geography courses involve field work at the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. A two-week field course on sustainable agriculture and food security is offered in Cuba.
The Students' Society of McGill includes two student Environment Commissioners, a Green Events Co-Ordinator and a Green Building Co-Ordinator. The SSMU Environment Committee is dedicated to maintaining an environmentally sustainable campus and co-ordinates all environmental groups on campus. Student groups include Gorilla Composting, Environmental Residence Council, and McGill Farmers Market. Since 2013, McGill is recognized as Quebec's first Fair Trade Campus.
Best Natural Feature
McGill's Macdonald Campus, home of the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, is located on the western waterfront of the Island of Montreal. The campus includes 1600 acres of land and features bike paths, and arboretum with walking and ski trails, a working farm and greenhouses.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 1 week 4 days ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 1 week 4 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 1 week 4 days ago