Simon Fraser University
- Earth Sciences (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Ecology, Evolution, Conservation Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Environmental Science (BSc) (co-op)
- Environmental Toxicology (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Environment One (BA, BSc)
- Geographic Information Science (BSc) (co-op)
- Marine Science (BSc)
- Geography (BA, BSc) (co-op)
- Resource and Environmental Management (MRM, PhD) (co-op)
- Resource and Environmental Management Planning (MRM) (co-op)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
Class sizes are small and anchored by group activities that allow students to learn from each other. The new Child Care building produces more energy and collects more water than it uses, winning a Canada Green Building Award in 2013. Fair trade campus and have an active local food program and weekly farmers market.
Students gain practical experience helping a local company meet a designated environmental goal and report on it for course credit. Field school is available to all students, with opportunities in countries such as Indonesia and Greece. All programs aim to combine theory with practice.
Sustainable SFU is run, managed and funded by students, and holds an annual Sustainability Festival. The Sustainability Peer Program helps teach students about on campus sustainability initiatives. The Development & Sustainability Group connects faculty, staff and students through practical research projects.
Best Natural Feature
Being in the city of Vancouver, Simon Fraser is nearby mountains, oceans, and rivers. The campus is also on the top of a mountain, surrounded by trails in the park.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 21 weeks 5 days ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 21 weeks 5 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 21 weeks 6 days ago