University of Regina
- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Enivronmental Biology (BSc)
- Environmental Studies (BA)
- Geography (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Geology (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Geomatics (B.GISc)
- Pre-Agriculture & Bioresources (BSc)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
U of R's envrionmental programs envourage a diverse perspective, incorporating social science, natural science and the humanities. The university hosts partnerships with many of Saskatchewan's regional colleges. The UR Guarantee program helps students make the transition to university, providing academic workshops and career-development opportunities.
Students will learn to look critically at environmental issues, develop practical skills and contribute to future change. Laboratory projects emphasize the use of professional techniques to solve practical problems. Field courses are offered at Bamfield Marine Science Centre in BC and the Kananaskis Field Station in Alberta. Environmental Studies students have several off-site requirements, such as the Wildlife Management Field Techniques course.
The UR Guarantee program also helps students connect with on-campus extracurriculars, providing access to community service and leadership opportunities. New gardens and patches of native prairie are planted and maintained by students. There are campus wide initiatives to collect technological waste, such as the Science Department's battery recycling program. The Centre for Sustainable Communities supports sustainability research projects and related initiatives on campus.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 3 days 10 hours ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 3 days 13 hours ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 3 days 15 hours ago