Vancouver Island University
- Biology (BA, BSc)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture (BSc) (co-op)
- Geography (BA, BSc)
- Geoscience (BSc)
- Natural Resource Protection (BSc)
- Sustainable Leisure Management (MA)
- Tourism Management (BA)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
Initiatives such as a Carbon Neutral Action Plan are reducing campus energy use. Field work, research abroad and interdisciplinary study are central to most programs. The small size of classrooms lets the exceptional faculty take real interest in the success of all individual students.The local recreation options are abundant.
VIU has field schools, community collaborations, research and study oppertunities abroad, co-op and numerous internships. Natural Resource students take a two week field camp.
VIU student-run clubs such as the campus food movement and sustainability network aim to educate, motivate, inspire and engage the community and other non-members about how they can become involved in on-campus sustainability efforts.
Best Natural Feature
The green roof at the Cowichan Campus and the Deep Bay Marine Field Station on the ocean are popular natural features. The Milner Gardens & Woodland is a natural feature that also gives students an area to study. VIU is surrounded by an assortement of lakes, mountains, rivers and forests.
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 41 weeks 4 days ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 41 weeks 5 days ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 41 weeks 5 days ago