Alternatives Journal, Canada's oldest environmental publication, has been chronicling, enabling and pushing the environmental movement forward for nearly half a century. As part of our effort to publish a quarterly print magazine, so far this year A\J has put out an issue on the Far North in Canada and the ecological issues facing the region and its largely Indigenous population.
Now, A\J is turning its attention to our next issue — 44.2 ‘Invest in Change,’ which aims to connect our readers with stories about companies across Canada that are using impact investing in numerous forms to change the world for the better. Whether its divesting from fossil fuels, greening pension plans, creating a platform for equity crowdfunding or partnering with NGOs to provide micro-loans to entrepreneurs in the developing world, ‘Invest in Change’ is set to green the way Canadians think about investing.
Editorial production on this issue is well underway, and many companies have already signed on to participate. Unlike a traditional Call for Proposals, our editorial team, working alongside the sustainable economist Tim Nash, has already secured buy-in from companies we would like to profile. Now, A\J needs to find writers with experience covering sustainable business and/or impact investing in Canada to bring these stories and the overall issue to life.
This could be where you come in!
If you’re interested in learning more about ‘Invest in Change’ or think you have the experience to take on a story assignment for our upcoming issue, please send a resume and links to online writing samples (or PDFs of article appearing only in print) to Andrew Reeves, A\J’s Editor-in-Chief, at email@example.com.
We hope to assign articles to all writers contributing to 44.2 by Tuesday, July 31, 2018, with first drafts submitted by Friday, September 7, 2018. Most of our articles are between 1,200 and 2,200 words, and we can offer a $0.10 per-word stipend. A\J is a registered environmental charity.
Thank you for your interest in Alternatives Journal and ‘Invest in Change’!
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (165) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (13) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (35) Green Living
- Made in Canada (22) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (14) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (43) The Wild Side
- Think Global (16) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- “While monocultures were capable of storing an average of 12 tons of carbon per hectare, the pools rich in species… https://t.co/Jq72kt6agS — 4 days 13 hours ago
- Our land can only hold so much phosphorus before it leaches into waterways, encouraging the growth of dangerous… https://t.co/wqPYbojUHi — 6 days 12 hours ago
- RT @reevesreport: We have an issue coming up on ethical investing for @AlternativesJ - and when we talk divestment we’ve focused on f… https://t.co/gpOOVlbbkQ — 1 week 14 hours ago