DATE: August 10, 2015
JOB TITLE: Circulation and Finance Manager (part-time)
The selected candidate(s) will be responsible for managing the ongoing financial activities and circulation management of Alternatives Journal (A\J), Canada’s national environmental media organization. In some cases, it may be necessary to pursue as two separate positions but, for the purposes of this opportunity, A\J is seeking someone to fulfill both aspects of this existing position.
A. FINANCE MANAGEMENT
Organization utilizes Quickbooks
Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
issue invoices to customers and ensure the prompt collection of receivables
record cash/cheque receipts and make bank deposits
conduct monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards
process payroll through ADP in a timely manner
report to managers and board, issue financial statements as needed
manage HST remittances on a quarterly basis
maintain an orderly accounting filing system
provide information to the external accountant at year end and as needed.
B. CIRCULATION MANAGEMENT
Maintain circulation database Quickfill to process subscription and back issue orders
batch payments for deposit, provide regular labels for issue mailouts, renewals, invoices.
Distribute and promote newsstand sales, bulk orders and course materials.
Prepare and deliver regular circulation trend reports.
prepare circulation information as required for fundraising purposes
Answer customer service / circulation emails, phone calls
issue receipts, as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Interacts with Alternatives Journal team. Excellent customer service skills are a must.
The position advises Management Team on financial concerns. Comfort level in supporting Management and Board with fiscal advice, recommendations and in building financial case studies
The position necessitates good time management skills and the ability to prioritise. Managing the complex and powerful subscription database (Quickfill) critical thinking for problem solving and strategic decisions around report creation to ensure that the magazine can adapt to face challenges in the marketplace.
Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
Education: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, completion of accounting designation, and/or bookkeeping certification.
Experience: at least 2 years experience in publishing, environment and/or bookkeeping required.
If you feel that you are a good candidate for this position and would like to learn more or submit your resume for consideration, please contact Marcia Ruby, Publisher, at email@example.com for more information.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- The holidays are around the corner and it’s time to give some thought to how to green up your celebrations this yea… https://t.co/6KhzrkKe2B — 12 hours 10 min ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Happy to have gotten the opportunity to interview Dr. @Melissa_Lem (on-air medical expert & writer) & Dr. Thompson… https://t.co/zwsILDEDlJ — 1 day 1 hour ago
- Giving of yourself – and giving someone your open-mind to listen and to be edified – is one of the greatest gifts a… https://t.co/GI6KT8rUvL — 1 day 11 hours ago