Daryn Caister, A\J contributing editor, interviews Tim Nash, the Sustainable Economist, for A\J and Green Majority Media.
Tim Nash, aka 'The Sustainable Economist' is a part-time economics professor at Sheridan College in Toronto, Canada as well one of the country's leading sustainable investment advisers. Daryn Caister, A\J contributing editor and host of the Green Majority radio program, and Stefan Hostetter, also from Green Majority Media and the author of our recent Sustainable Growth? blog series, sat down with Nash recently.
In this interview, Nash and Caister talk about what being a sustainable economist means when there's no clear definition of sustainability, Canadian and global market trends, how 'social capital' relates to physical and market capital, how a 'sharing economy' can mingle with the traditional economy and much more!
Nash boasts a wide range of accreditations and media appearances including a Master's in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability from Blekinge Institute of Technology in Karlskrona, Sweden as well as appearing on the CBC's The Lang & O'Leary Exchange and in print with the Globe & Mail and Reuters. He is also the leader researcher for Ethical Market's 'Green Transition Scoreboard' which has detailed more than $5.2 trillion in private investments in the global green economy since 2007.
Video produced for A\J in Toronto, Canada at the Centre for Social Innovation by Green Majority Media.
Interviewer: Daryn Caister
Videography: Stefan Hostetter
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (162) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (12) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (28) Food and Culture
- Green Living (35) Green Living
- Made in Canada (22) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (13) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (57) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (43) The Wild Side
- Think Global (16) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Why Sharks Matter | A\J – Canada's Environmental Voice https://t.co/fRbTzVxJQr — 8 hours 45 min ago
- Are Toronto's would-be waterfront condo dwellers being kept in the dark about the flood risks of living near the mo… https://t.co/kxNyOHbdqd — 4 weeks 6 days ago
- ICYMI » UBC researchers explore how we can set aside half the planet's land without compromising our ability to gro… https://t.co/71ih3xApWm — 5 weeks 1 day ago