IN EARLY 2019, Alternatives Journal will release our latest issue, one devoted to our north and the communities working to protect the land, the water, the animals and the air.
In finding the right stories to tell in our northern issue, A\J connected with The Gordon Foundation, a charitable organization with more than thirty years’ experience working in the North. One of the ways the Gordon Foundation supports policies developed by and for the North is through the Jane Glassco Northern Fellowship.
Since 2010, the program has worked with 26 change makers who are building a strong North on their own terms. At the end of the two-year program, each cohort publishes policy recommendations.
That’s why we’re excited to highlight the most recent policy recommendations from Jane Glassco Northern Fellows in the lead-up to the release of the Our North issue.
Starting next week, A\J will publish an eight-part series from The Gordon Foundation highlighting key research from Fellows to help share stories from the cutting edge of policy development in the North.
We hope you enjoy them!
Part of the NORTHERN PERSPECTIVES series, a special editorial collaboration between the Gordon Foundation and Alternatives Journal.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Canadian children are some of the unhappiest in the world according to @UNICEFCanada. A huge part of this is attrib… https://t.co/mBqfeVhyGL — 1 day 13 hours ago
- “Climate #justice is common justice." - Jayde Tynes. A #throwback to our December 2015 photo essay, Why We March, o… https://t.co/5JzG50z0Fi — 1 week 1 day ago
- The planet is on #fire. How will you help extinguish it? #GlobalWarming @drvox https://t.co/VfYU2EuDni — 1 week 1 day ago