Veronika Szostak, Editorial Intern at A\J, discusses her aspirations in front of the camera.
In our highly interconnected lives, effective communication plays a vital role in determining whether we fail or succeed in our endeavors. That’s because communication is a bridge that leads to the understanding necessary for positive action and change to occur.
When it comes to the environmental movement, the ability to communicate our message can’t be underestimated. This planet and all of the many life forms that depend on it – including us humans – are under unprecedented threat due to the short-sightedness of our species.
As Canada’s only environmental media charity that publishes coast-to-coast and online, A\J has served as the communication platform for environmental voices since 1971. We have told the stories of thousands of leaders, organizations, scientists, and educators to facilitate understanding and action for the issues affecting Canadians.
To keep serving the environmental community – and to do so better than ever before – we need your help! That’s why we have launched the #AJallies campaign. We want to tell even more stories through a multitude of channels and reach a greater number of Canadians – not to mention the ones who are steering the wheel at the top.
Recently, Justin Trudeau approved an expansion of Kinder Morgan’s pipeline so that it can deliver tar sands oil to British Columbia’s ecologically sensitive coast. It will spew up to 26 megatonnes of greenhouse gases every year into an atmosphere that’s already surpassed its carbon threshold. South of the border, a climate change denier with a backward preoccupation with fossil fuels has become president.
There has never been a more important time for Alternative’s Journal to shine. So go ahead, become one of our #AJallies. Share our video on social media for your chance to win a free one-year subscription to A\J. And if you can, please donate, because every bit helps us grow our capacity to do more of what we do best.
Without further ado, we present to you our vision for A\J!
– Leeza Shabekova
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (162) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (12) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (28) Food and Culture
- Green Living (35) Green Living
- Made in Canada (22) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (13) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (57) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (43) The Wild Side
- Think Global (16) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Are Toronto's would-be waterfront condo dwellers being kept in the dark about the flood risks of living near the mo… https://t.co/kxNyOHbdqd — 4 weeks 2 days ago
- ICYMI » UBC researchers explore how we can set aside half the planet's land without compromising our ability to gro… https://t.co/71ih3xApWm — 4 weeks 4 days ago
- Inside the plan to green Paris schoolyards and open them as community cooling hubs during heat waves. Because in Ju… https://t.co/jhB9F1tBKr — 5 weeks 4 hours ago