Today, the CoLab Network is made up of eight non-profit organizations across the province. Over 150 businesses and organizations from private, public and non-profit sectors are participants of CoLab Network programs, and have collectively set targets to reduce over 50,000 tonnes of GHGs.
GTHA Launch Events:
ClimateWise Business Network Launch Event – York Region (Sept 20)
Windfall Ecology Centre launches the newest target-based sustainability program in the CoLab Network. Lots of great food & networking, Bob Willard keynote.
Tuesday, Sept 20, 4pm-7pm
Aw, Shucks! Oyster Bar & Bistro, 15230 Yonge Street, Aurora (a direct GO transit trip from Union Station) Register: http://www.windfallcentre.ca/
Regional Sustainability Initiative Launch Event – Waterloo Region (Sept 21)
Sustainable Waterloo Region's Regional Carbon Initiative - the program that sparked the creation of Sustainability CoLab & engages 15% of their local workforce - is evolving into the Regional Sustainability Initiative, the first in the CoLab Network to incorporate more holistic sustainability reporting & target-setting.
Wednesday, Sept 21, 5pm-7pm
Walper Terrace Hotel, 20 Queen St South, Kitchener
Sustainable Business Initiative Launch Event – Hamilton-Burlington (Sept 28)
Sustainable Hamilton Burlington - the newest member in the CoLab Network - is launching the Sustainable Business Initiative (SBI), building on the success of their existing Sustainable Action Initiative – most notably by adding carbon target-setting to the program.
Wednesday, Sept 28, 4pm-6pm
Royal Botanical Gardens Auditorium, 680 Plains Road West, Burlington
About Sustainability Co-Lab
A more sustainable economy is possible!
CoLab Network member programs support networks of local businesses in setting and achieving sustainability targets and celebrate them for progress made.
The Organization's Mission
To foster results-focused networks that embed sustainability into how businesses operate.
The Organization's Vision
An economy that makes environmental sustainability, human well-being, and business success synonymous.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Greenwashing tourism? Watch more about Alexandra’s experience with sustainable travel and how to make more sustaina… https://t.co/vLA84Ivq2d — 3 days 1 hour ago
- RT @cnalliance: "Forest schools and outdoor learning could be the key to rebuilding our education systems in a post Covid-19 world"… https://t.co/O853AmMA2o — 3 days 2 hours ago
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 1 week 3 days ago