A\J is proud to be partnering with CoverStory, an organization dedicated to helping publishers ensure their content is as widely-read as possible.
CoverStory is a Toronto-based online micropayment platform that makes it possible for readers to purchase magazine articles on a per article basis, with prices starting as low as 49 cents apiece. Now, until July 9th, you can experience CoverStory with free back issue content from publishers like A\J!
Based on an innovative business model, CoverStory (www.coverstory.info) presents a low-cost solution for magazines to increase their readership and monetize their digital content from both current and back issues. Without making expensive changes to their existing infrastructure, magazines can partner with CoverStory and start delivering content within as short a timeframe as a week. Magazines have multiple options for article delivery, including one where they do not have to transfer content to CoverStory.
With its uncluttered design and easy-to-use interface, CoverStory aims to make the reader’s experienceseamless and engaging in its ad-free environment. Along with a powerful search feature,the platform provides a steady stream of recommendations that update with each purchase. The recommendations engine was built to help the reader discover articles relevant to them, not only from the reader’s favourite magazines but also from other magazineson the platform. The CoverStorywebsitewas written in responsive HTML and runs on all popular browsers making its use device-independent and eliminating the need for a separate downloadable app.
CoverStory works on a system of credits, where the reader maintains acredit balance (as small as $10) and uses the credits to purchase individual articles at nominal prices. Currently there is 10% discount at sign-up and articles can be purchased for a low as ¢49 apiece.
The website was launched in June 2017 with over 60 articles from three reputable Canadian Magazines--Alternatives Journal, EcoParent, and Green Teacher. Over the Canada Day long weekend all back issue articles will be available for free on the website!
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (162) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (12) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (28) Food and Culture
- Green Living (35) Green Living
- Made in Canada (22) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (13) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (57) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (43) The Wild Side
- Think Global (16) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Are Toronto's would-be waterfront condo dwellers being kept in the dark about the flood risks of living near the mo… https://t.co/kxNyOHbdqd — 4 weeks 2 days ago
- ICYMI » UBC researchers explore how we can set aside half the planet's land without compromising our ability to gro… https://t.co/71ih3xApWm — 4 weeks 4 days ago
- Inside the plan to green Paris schoolyards and open them as community cooling hubs during heat waves. Because in Ju… https://t.co/jhB9F1tBKr — 5 weeks 13 hours ago