Don't miss the ideas and inspiration at the 11th annual Green Living Show
Alternatives Journal (A\J) is a proud media sponsor of the 2017 Green Living Show - and we're excited about all the ideas and inspiration that arise when you bring together many of Canada's greenest thinkers and doers under one big roof.
Taking place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (North Building), the show is in its 11th year, and is a must-attend event for those livng the green life...or just those interested in learning how. Thousands of products, hundreds of exhibitors, a jam-packed Main Stage (with leading thinkers), demonstrations, lectures, sampling, and much, much more are on schedule throughout the weekend.
A\J starts the weekend's fun by presenting a panel discussion on Friday, April 7th at 3:15 entitled Urban Farming in Toronto & the GTA – Hyper-local Food Solutions. This panel, growing out of an upcoming issue on Food & Food Security, is sure to open your eyes and whet your appetites about the possiblities for growing your own food right in the middle of Canada's biggest city. We're pleased to be joined by leading experts, including:
- Susan Poizner, Orchard People
- Rhonda Teitel, Toronto Urban Growers
- Lara Kelly, Holly Ray Farms
- Brandon Hebor, Ripple Farms
- Ashlee Cooper, Evergreen
A\J will also have a booth (#1338) at the show, and you'll be able to learn even more about urban growing as we'll be joined throughout the weekend by guests and experts who'll be on-hand to answer your questions and to help you get the most out of your own urban-growing experience. Our in-booth guests include:
- FRIDAY: Panelists will be in-booth throughout the day.
- SATURDAY: Sharon Harris, Urban Gardening guru,1PM
- SUNDAY: Lara Kelly, Holly Ray Farms, 11AM and 1PM
- SUNDAY: Jonathan Amantea, Toronto gardener extraordinaire, 3PM
We will have special offers on subscriptions and back issues available in-booth, and our team will be on-site throughout the weekend if you'd like to come by and meet the crew who makes your A\J. And keep an eye on A\J's social media this week as we'll be running a contest that will give 100 lucky winners FREE admission to the show!
While there, you can also visit the MaRS Discovery District, enjoy delicious (and nutritious) local food and drinks, stop by the EcoKids fun zone, take a yoga class or enjoy an eco-film at the best-of Planet In Focus screening area.
We hope you can join us at the 2017 Green Living Show, where great, green ideas grow!
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (170) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (14) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (35) Green Living
- Made in Canada (22) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (18) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Who speaks for the oceans? In France, at least, there's a clear answer to that question. #oceans #diplomacy https://t.co/xFiiWFnyfG — 10 hours 23 min ago
- RT @Rachel_Plotkin: 'Province has done astonishingly little': Environmental groups urges federal government to protect caribou https://t.co/SsoH1OLb6G — 4 days 10 hours ago
- RT @annabwild: Troubled by the move by the Ontario gov to reduce oversight of ministries when it comes to environmentally signific… https://t.co/puZhxfQlNK — 4 days 10 hours ago