Upcycle via Shutterstock
We all have it. A pile of old lumber, a stack of tiles, a stash of paving stones and extra copper tubing from that plumbing renovation hiding in our basements, garages or behind the shed.
It turns out that all of that "waste" material can be used to create the most interesting, inviting and rustic outdoor gazebo.
This gazebo was built using rail ties as the primary structure and waste lumber as the haphazard dome that blends beautifully with the surrounding wooded space. The benches were added to create the ideal reader's forest fantasy. Another design I came across featured a copper tube fastened to the top of a round gazebo. Raindrops fell onto the beautiful raingarden below, providing a cool breeze on a hot day.
Before hauling things to the dumpster, consider how you can reuse and upcycle your garden and renovation waste.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- RT @TimNashCFP: Check out this issue of Alternative Journal where I'm a guest editor for 'InvestsInYou'. I hope this issue will ins… https://t.co/qFxeInjbly — 17 hours 12 min ago
- Environmental journalist Alexandra Scaman dives into a world of turbulent waters - investigating water equity issue… https://t.co/8MUo6tSgAC — 5 days 10 hours ago
- INSIDE STORY! EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MINISTER CHAGGER! HOW IT IMPACTED 35,000 YOUNG CANADIANS! What impact did th… https://t.co/rKJjbQ4vbc — 6 days 13 hours ago