Upcycle via Shutterstock
We all have it. A pile of old lumber, a stack of tiles, a stash of paving stones and extra copper tubing from that plumbing renovation hiding in our basements, garages or behind the shed.
It turns out that all of that "waste" material can be used to create the most interesting, inviting and rustic outdoor gazebo.
This gazebo was built using rail ties as the primary structure and waste lumber as the haphazard dome that blends beautifully with the surrounding wooded space. The benches were added to create the ideal reader's forest fantasy. Another design I came across featured a copper tube fastened to the top of a round gazebo. Raindrops fell onto the beautiful raingarden below, providing a cool breeze on a hot day.
Before hauling things to the dumpster, consider how you can reuse and upcycle your garden and renovation waste.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- In this week's #SummerStudentTakeover piece, Julia Galbenu combines storytelling and science to give us a sneak pee… https://t.co/TQAz3MvB4O — 3 days 11 hours ago
- Music & song are the stitches in our social fabric - and nowhere is that more obvious than @HillsideFest. Buy your… https://t.co/vU2mjoyHgd — 3 days 15 hours ago
- What's with the controversy around #BillC69 and the proposed new environmental impact assessment system? A\J dives… https://t.co/7li83rs4zc — 4 days 8 hours ago