The University of Waterloo is introducing a new ‘innovation hub’ for upper year students with a passion for the environment and social development. Modeled after the successful VeloCity community (which fosters and supports student entrepreneurial ventures on campus), GreenHouse will offer students a new way to take action on issues that concern them while attending university and building their future as environmental stewards.
Living together in shared suites at St. Paul’s University College, GreenHouse residents will work in teams on a special project and receive guidance, advice and mentorship to make their ideas for environmental and/or social change a reality. Workshops, seminars and working sessions will enable networking, sharing ideas and meeting like-minded people to define and implement successful initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for students to develop their professional networks, resumé, skills and experience. Acceptance requirements include a keen interest in conceiving an idea for environmental and/or social change and enrollment in a second-year or above undergraduate program with satisfactory academic standing.
The GreenHouse will open in Fall 2013 and the application deadline is March 1st.
The Green Student blog shows off a sampling of writing from TheGreenStudent.ca, A\J's sister site aimed at students in environment-related programs. TGS provides students with a forum for sharing their writing, campaigns, and events. We publish about two Green Student posts a month, and you can find more at The Green Student website.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Read the latest by Alex Scaman with her interview tomorrow with Megan Leslie from @WWFCanada & why we should invest… https://t.co/OfrT8vQ0C0 — 1 day 4 hours ago
- RT @WWFCanada: “If wildlife is thriving, I believe the people will thrive.” WWF- Canada's president and CEO @MeganALeslie tells… https://t.co/8lLKehBc92 — 1 day 8 hours ago
- RT @BaldinoRick: @AlternativesJ @BranaDane Great work Brana!✌️ — 4 days 6 hours ago