Presented by TD Bank and the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation, A\J’s Summer Reading series will give you a summer-long resource for both your love of Canada’s waters and learning more about the complex ecosystems at the heart of the great outdoors. You’ll get tips and tools that you can use to protect our vital natural inheritance.
Every week through August and into September, our writers, including Andrew Reeves [A\J regular columnist and contributing editor, working on book about invasive Asian Carp and the Great Lakes], will be producing a new story that will be posted to ajmag.ca/SummerReading. Follow A\J’s social media channels to stay up-to-date with this summer’s reading.
Reeves’ first four stories, exploring the Rouge National Urban Park, Our Growing Greenbelt, Waukesha Water Wars, and Neverending Story: Lake Erie's Algae Problems, are sure to provoke thought, discussion and debate. Other stories will cover new solutions for protecting migrating fish, and a special feature on the role of trees as a critical tool in urban stormwater management.
So as you sit by the dock of the bay, at your campsite or relax in your stay-cation, you’ll have all-new and must-read content from A\J.
Make sure to check back here regularly for new updates and exclusive stories, presented with our sincere gratitude by TD Bank and Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation.
- August 4: Waukesha Water Woes by Andrew Reeves
- August 16: Fishways Baffles and Battles by Andrew Torry
- August 25: Trees to the Rescue by Treena Hein
- September 6: The Ground Beneath our Feet by Jack Parkinson
- September 9: Loose Lips Sink Ships by Zack Metcalfe
- September 15: Rouge National Urban Park by Andrew Reeves
- September 22: Neverending Story: Lake Erie's Algae Problems by Andrew Reeves
- Early October: Our Growing Greenbelt by Andrew Reeves
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (162) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (215) Current Events
- EcoLogic (12) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (28) Food and Culture
- Green Living (35) Green Living
- Made in Canada (22) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (13) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (57) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (43) The Wild Side
- Think Global (16) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Are Toronto's would-be waterfront condo dwellers being kept in the dark about the flood risks of living near the mo… https://t.co/kxNyOHbdqd — 4 weeks 4 days ago
- ICYMI » UBC researchers explore how we can set aside half the planet's land without compromising our ability to gro… https://t.co/71ih3xApWm — 4 weeks 6 days ago
- Inside the plan to green Paris schoolyards and open them as community cooling hubs during heat waves. Because in Ju… https://t.co/jhB9F1tBKr — 5 weeks 2 days ago