43.2 Food and Resilience
43.2 FOOD AND RESILIENCE explores the impacts of climate change on our food systems, with a particular eye on the innovations that will allow us to create a more resilient nutritional network. Feature stories include:
- Radical Food Resistance: Food-policy guru (and long-time contributor) Wayne Roberts issues a call to arms against Big Food.
- The Concrete Garden: Writer, environmentalist and mother Kaeleigh Phillips shares her tips and experiences gained in learning how to start a garden in the big city.
- Breakfast in 2040: Sabrina Chiefari, Evan Gravely and Jane Rabinowicz & Elodie Mantha weave science, facts and fiction to help us imagine and understand how and why our food systems will change.
- Can't Buy Me Bugs: David Waltner-Toews ask 'why exterminate them when you can eat them?'
- What's in a Label: Genevieve Eliany digs deep into Canada's new labelling laws to find the ingredients that you may not know were in your food products - from sugars to nanoparticles - and helps us to understand what these new labels do and don't tell you.
- Attack of the Killer Algae: Environmental writer and water specialist Andrew Reeves examines the Lake Erie algae bloom problem and how fertilsers are helping to feed the beast.
- On July 1st millions of Canadians have backed their support for #PlasticFreeJuly take a read and see more behind th… https://t.co/FRAxi6yi6b — 1 day 20 hours ago
- RT @PetitJovial: A sustainable beauty routine is possible... https://t.co/IGi4sKHznj via @AlternativesJ — 1 day 20 hours ago
- Greenwashing tourism? Watch more about Alexandra’s experience with sustainable travel and how to make more sustaina… https://t.co/vLA84Ivq2d — 4 days 17 hours ago