43.2 Food and Resilience
43.2 FOOD AND RESILIENCE explores the impacts of climate change on our food systems, with a particular eye on the innovations that will allow us to create a more resilient nutritional network. Feature stories include:
- Radical Food Resistance: Food-policy guru (and long-time contributor) Wayne Roberts issues a call to arms against Big Food.
- The Concrete Garden: Writer, environmentalist and mother Kaeleigh Phillips shares her tips and experiences gained in learning how to start a garden in the big city.
- Breakfast in 2040: Sabrina Chiefari, Evan Gravely and Jane Rabinowicz & Elodie Mantha weave science, facts and fiction to help us imagine and understand how and why our food systems will change.
- Can't Buy Me Bugs: David Waltner-Toews ask 'why exterminate them when you can eat them?'
- What's in a Label: Genevieve Eliany digs deep into Canada's new labelling laws to find the ingredients that you may not know were in your food products - from sugars to nanoparticles - and helps us to understand what these new labels do and don't tell you.
- Attack of the Killer Algae: Environmental writer and water specialist Andrew Reeves examines the Lake Erie algae bloom problem and how fertilsers are helping to feed the beast.
- It's Friday! In this week's #SummerStudentTakeover, we take a look at Canadian cottage culture with Mystaya Touw… https://t.co/oC0PQtjgwP — 2 days 1 hour ago
- The new Recap is up! There's no feature this week, but stay tuned - A\J's adventures in Louisiana are coming soon https://t.co/xg3gAaXyka — 5 days 44 min ago
- A\J looks at how @ClimateActionWR is working to reduce Waterloo Region's emissions https://t.co/mADWfupWTn https://t.co/NH7grME2lW — 6 days 1 hour ago