The Ultimate Health Issue with guest editor Gideon Forman (Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment) explores environmental issues with significant health impacts – toxics, pesticides, local food, resource extraction – that are poised to be key issues in this election year. The issue also captures the momentum of increasing efforts – and successes – by mainstream health organizations and medical professionals to protect the health of their patients by taking political action on environmental issues.
Some of the highlights:
- David Colby and John O’Connor’s personal accounts of backlash after speaking out against the Alberta tar sands and in defence of wind power.
- The pros and cons of nuclear power in relation to human health.
- A look at the tactics being used in the fight against neonicotinoid pesticides and the battle to save Ontario's pollinators.
- The role of green space in mitigating mental health concerns.
- An examination of prominent paleodisasters in Western Canada and the importance of preparing for them, should history repeat itself.
In this issue:
- @BCEIA_ is looking to give away #scholarships to #students who are looking to expand their studies in the… https://t.co/68xoEyGm7v — 2 days 20 hours ago
- AJ's #TBThursday article reviews the #documentary called LESS which reflects on #consumption and #minimalism in tod… https://t.co/vNAfN8cVCa — 3 days 14 hours ago
- "When I said #coal threatens climate, journalists' eyes glazed over. When I said the black rock exacerbates asthma,… https://t.co/eMhe9oQ00E — 3 days 17 hours ago