It’s cold out there these days, or at least, it should be. So why not support the work of Canada’s leading environmental media organization?
Take a break from your green resistance to cuddle up with a cup of tea and the latest issue of your favourite hard-hitting, independent magazine. In fact, why not spread the cheer and donate, or gift a subscription to your loved ones, because there’s no better gift than the gift of knowledge.
Canada’s heartbreak troubadour of twang.
(Well not all twang, but Nudie intelligently honours the roots of country with his own wit, wisdom and brilliant stories.) Nudie periodically plays "house concerts" at A\J's office. The next one is Friday May 10, 2019!
“We collectively have no future unless we protect our people, especially children and youth, and our land, water, and nations. We need to always consider our future generations, and this should be at the forefront of all decision making”
– The Charlottetown Bold Vision Declaration
Widespread public debate on building vast networks of snaking energy pipelines throughout Canada dominated the country’s environmental newsreel in 2014, and will continue making headlines in the year ahead.
1. It's a Wrap!
Winter cycling is no longer the domain of daring bicycle couriers or mountain biking aficionados. With rising gas prices, environmental footprint concerns, and improved infrastructure for city riding, commuting by bicycle year-round is a growing trend. “We’re seeing more and more people out there,” says Yvonne Bambrick, spokesperson for the Toronto Cyclists Union, an advocacy organization, who cycles through the year.
By Cara Smusiak. Re-published from Green Living Online.
The cold weather is here, but you can still take a few easy steps to winterize your home. Your wallet – and the planet – will thank you. Here are a few ideas:
Reason #1 A\J makes a great gift: A\J creates real change. Our readers have told us that we've influenced their opinions, their habits and their support for environmental causes. Sharing A\J builds the environmental movement.
Give your friends and family even more with the Friends of A\J package. It includes a 2-year subscription plus a ton of freebies – you save a total of $100 with the bundle!
We think a national media outlet focusing on environmental change is essential in Canada right now, and we hope you do too. Help keep Canada’s national environmental magazine on newsstands and online by becoming a friend of A\J today.
The POWERFUL STORYTELLING subscription bundle delivers:
- Four (4) issues of Alternatives Journal (A\J) magazine, the voice of Canada's environmental community
- A complementary copy of our WE, THE NORTH special issue
- An exclusive gift for you: our WE, THE NORTH t-shirt
The regular price of this package is valued at close to $75.00, but you can buy yours today for only $50!
- It's Friday! In this week's #SummerStudentTakeover, we take a look at Canadian cottage culture with Mystaya Touw… https://t.co/oC0PQtjgwP — 2 days 2 hours ago
- The new Recap is up! There's no feature this week, but stay tuned - A\J's adventures in Louisiana are coming soon https://t.co/xg3gAaXyka — 5 days 50 min ago
- A\J looks at how @ClimateActionWR is working to reduce Waterloo Region's emissions https://t.co/mADWfupWTn https://t.co/NH7grME2lW — 6 days 1 hour ago