THE PRINT EDITION OF THIS ISSUE IS SOLD-OUT;
PLEASE CONSIDER BUYING A DIGITAL EDITION.
42.3 BELONGING In collaboration with the Kitchener-Waterloo Community Foundation, the next issue of A\J explores how building a deeper sense of belonging is at the root of building stronger communities.
- A State of Belonging: Teghan Barton interviews The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson, former Governor General of Canada. Through Clarkson’s insights and experience, they delve into how belonging is available to everyone in this country, yet it remains a nebulous and denied experience to many.
- Walk With Me: Kathy Storring shares the inspirational story of the House of Friendship in Waterloo Region, a social service charity that aims to “walk with” its clients to enhance their sense of purpose and belonging.
- Paying it Forward: Semini Pathberiya discovers how the long tradition of welcoming new Canadians into Waterloo Region is cyclical, with residents once again opening their arms and homes to help those in need, this time to the Syrian refugees.
- @Climatepledgeco Hey hey we love that! Green is in the genes!! 😇👍🏼🌎🌲🌳🌴🌱🌿☘️ — 4 days 22 hours ago
- RT @DianaDYoon: #ClimateAction is profoundly urgent precisely because change is inevitably slow. 🌎 Cars, appliances, pipelines we p… https://t.co/uJQiwYxw2j — 4 days 22 hours ago
- RT @Climatepledgeco: A thoughtful look at what it means for Canadians to confront a slow emergency from the 'godfather' of Climate Pledg… https://t.co/cV6WZxfpnN — 5 days 4 hours ago