- Biology (BSc, MSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc, MSc)
- Environmental Geoscience (BSc)
- Geology (BSc, MSc)
- Applied Geomatics (MSc)
- Environmental & Sustainability Studies (BA)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
Acadia U offers small class sizes and award-winning faculty, providing more opportunities for personalized education. Environmental and Sustainability Studies welcomes approximately 25 students each year into a network of students, graduates and professionals.
The school emphasizes hands-on, engaged learning. Environmental Science students take several laboratory and field courses. Environmental and Sustainability Studies is a dynamic and interdisciplinary program, heavily focused on practical application. Fourth year projects include designing and implementing a sustainable community program.
Acadia Community Farm is operated by students, providing food for the dining hall and local food bank as well as community education about organic and sustainable growing. Students have access to the K.C. Irving Environmental Sciences Centre and the Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens & Woodland Trails.
Best Natural Feature
Acadia U's campus boasts an incredible view of Cape Blomidon and the Minas Basin, known for the highest tides in the world. Students can access beautiful wildlife and natural settings just minutes from classrooms or residence. The Annapolis Valley is perfect for hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking and exploring.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 17 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 19 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 18 hours ago