- Agriculture (MSc)
- Animal Science (BSc, MSc)
- Aquaculture (BSc)
- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Earth Sciences (BSc, Msc, PhD) (co-op)
- Environment, Sustainability and Society (BA, BSc, BCSc, BCD, BMgmt, Binf, BJH) (co-op)
- Environmental Design Studies (BEDS, MEDS, MArch) (co-op)
- Environmental Landscape Horticulture (BTech)
- Environmental Science (BSc, MES) (co-op)
- Environmental Studies (MES)
- Integrated Environmental Management (BSc)
- International Food Business (BBA, BAg)
- Marine Biology (BSc) (co-op)
- Ocean Sciences (BSc)
- Oceanography (MSc, PhD)
- Physics & Atmospheric Science (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Planning (BCD, MPlan, MPS)
- Plant Science (BSc)
- Sustainable Resources & the Environment (BMgmt)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
Dalhousie’s maritime location attracts world-class researchers and educators, making it a great destination for students interested in ocean and marine life. The university has an impressive number of environmental initiatives, from student-run workshops to green building projects, including a Green Guide accessible by smartphone. Dalhousie maintains a strong and diverse community, and Halifax is very student-friendly with a lively downtown.
The first-year integrated science program draws from a range of disciplines, including biomedical, environmental and life sciences. In Environment, Sustainability and Society, students develop strategies to address problems in the community. Field courses and co-op are widely available, and several field schools are offered in the summer session for experiential learning in geological field methods and first-hand observation.
The College of Sustainability hosts a regular lecture series as well as workshops on a variety of topics, such as vegetarian cooking or planning sustainable communities. The school hosts a Habitat for Humanity fundraiser, which seeks to eliminate poverty and substandard housing while making decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Best Natural Feature
Located in the thriving city of Halifax, student have access to both the vibrant city life and the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
- RT @BaldinoRick: @AlternativesJ @BranaDane Great work Brana!✌️ — 1 day 2 hours ago
- The world of fashion may not be as glamourous as it seems. Greta Vaivadaite decided to hold a Q/A with @BranaDane o… https://t.co/zk4RlDLCCt — 1 day 2 hours ago
- And that’s a wrap for #plasticfreejuly - hopefully you took this time to minimize the plastic use in ur life, with… https://t.co/WUaaKS2l74 — 5 days 1 hour ago