- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD) (co-op)
- Earth Sciences (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Environmental Policy (MA)
- Environmental Science (BSc, MSc, MEnvSci)
- Environmental Studies (BA)
- Food Science (MSc, PhD)
- Geography (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, PhD)
- Geology (MSc, PhD)
- Geophysics (MSc, PhD)
- Marine Biology (MSc, PhD)
- Maritime Studies (BMS, BTech, MMS, MTech, MMM)
- Ocean Sciences (BSc, MSc)
- Physical Oceanography (MSc, PhD)
- Sustainable Resource Management (BRB)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go here
MUN is Newfoundland and Labrador's only university, engaged in research on both the local and national scale. The Marine Institute is a world-renowned centre for education and research. A new industrial composter accepts all organic waste on campus, as well as from a nearby college and hospital. In western Newfoundland, the economy is resource based and focused on the environment, providing an excellent backdrop for resource management courses. Postgraduate options include further work in geography, GIS, marine and coastal area studies and sustainable development.
Field courses are conducted at Bonne Bay Marine Station, and annual field schools take place on the Avalon Peninsula. Students have the opportunity to work with Canadian Forest Service scientists, the Geological Survey and other prominent employers. The Harris Centre, a hub for public policy and regional development issues, promotes the development of Newfoundland and Labrador's economy and society, and stimulates informed discussion on important provincial issues.
Sustainability projects include a community garden run by the faculty and students, which supplies the local food bank. Project Green promotes sustainable living on campus. The area is known for its thriving outdoors culture. The Grenfell Outdoors Club provides guided adventures for students, faculty and staff. Activities include (but are not limited to) hiking, kayaking, canoeing, cross country skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 16 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 19 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 17 hours ago