- Biology (BSc)
- Environment & Physical Geography (BSc)
- Environmental Biology and Technology (BSc)
- Environmental Geography (BA)
- Environmental Science (MESc)
- Environmental Studies (MES)
- Geography (BSc, BA)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
Nipissing U has campuses in North Bay, Muskoka, and Brantford. Small, interactive classes and supportive professors give every student a voice. Nipissing offers complementary certificate programs, allowing students to enhance their degrees. Certificate options include the Certificate in Geomatics (computer mapping) and the Certificate in Environmental Management.
Geography students apply what they learn to real world challenges during field-work and through internships with the Students for Development program. Fourth year Biology students participate in an intensive field camp during which they sampe and identify organisms for a major research project. Students can internationalize their degree through various intercultural experiences, including study exchanges, internship/volunteer programs and language programs. The Environmental Research Preserve, an area of conserved wilderness, encompasses a range of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems and is a valuable resource for teaching and research.
The university's Flip-A-Cup program is a student-led campaign, providing reusable mugs for students and staff in order to reduce waste on campus. Nipissing's Ecovillage is a model for sustainable living, consisting of two residence townhouses that have been retrofitted to incorporate environmentally friendly utilities and measure energy consumption.
Best Natural Feature
The North Bay campus connects to a 20 km trail system composd of 16 trails, each with unique scenery, wildlife and flora. The trails access a look out tower with a sweeping view of Lake Nipissing as well as the Duchesnay Falls.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 16 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 19 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 17 hours ago