- Applied Sustainability (MASc, MEng)
- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Earth System Science (BSc)
- Environmental Biology (BSc)
- Environmental Geology (BSc)
- Environmental Life Sciences (BSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc)
- Environmental Studies (BA, BSc, MES PhD)
- Environmental Toxicology (BSc)
- Geography (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, PhD)
- Geological Sciences (BA, BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Plant Sciences (MSc, PhD)
- Urban & Regional Planning (MPL) (internship option)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
Queen's faculty includes acclaimed professors and first-rate scientists who encourage and challenge students academically. The Kingston Student Housing Co-Operative provides affordable, quality housing for students and has an ambitious environmental policy, including retrofitted utilities and a local-organic food purchasing program. The university's Climate Action Plan includes commitments to reducing GHG emissions and enhancing curriculum related to climate change and sustainability. The Queen's Live Building acts as a living lab, an open example of how sustainable practices can be incorporated into building design.
Queen's conducts leading-edge research in globalization, healthy environments and sustainable energy systems. Sixty percent of students have participated in community service/volunteering, while 38% have completed a practicum, internship or field experience. Students participate in field courses and lead educational activites for the public. The school offers international opportunities abound, including studies at the school's Bader campus in the UK, exchanges with 175 partner universities, field-study courses, and student-run volunteer projects.
Queen's has a number of strong sustainability initiatives. Student led projects include vermicomposting in residence; the Earth Centre, a volunteer-run store for sustainable goods; and the tea room, a cafe which is now 100% consumer-waste free. Queen's Sustainability Advisory Committee brings students, staff and faculty together to recommend sustainable programs and policies, while the Queen's Sustainability Office spearheads green initiatives and awareness campaigns.
Best Natural Feature
Queen's boasts a beautiful waterfront campus, with 85% of students living within a 15-minute walk from campus.
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 1 day 7 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 2 days 5 hours ago
- This Canada Day the Alternatives Journal editorial team were tasked with reflecting on the nature of Canada, what i… https://t.co/qsJQcT6CHW — 2 days 6 hours ago