Royal Roads University
- Environment and Management (MA, MSc)
- Environmental Education and Communication (MA)
- Environmental Management (BSc)
- Environmental Practice (BA, BSc, MA, MSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc-ES)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Sustainability & International Business (BBA)
- Global Tourism Management (BA)
- Tourism Management (MA)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
RRU campus includes the Robert Bateman Art & Environmental Education Centre, a “living building”, the Aboriginal Learning & Cultural Centre, and the new Learning & Innovation Centre, built to LEED gold standards. Environment and sustainability programs provides a community action focus anchored by real-world science. Royal Roads University's unique blended learning model combines online learning with intensive on-campus residencies. Flexible admission policy is also available.
All programs involve an applied learning component with a focus on practical integration of fieldwork, residencies, courseware and case studies. Community collaborations available in undergraduate programs and work placements/internships in graduate programs. The school also collaborates with Natural Resources Canada and the municipality on sustainability projects.
The RR Student Association has a Sustainability Committee to map out campus projects and organize events. The university aims to restore about 10 acres of wetlands to functioning ecosystems through the Royal Roads University Wetland Ecosystem Restoration Project. The SAFE Fund uses student donations to fund various campus projects, such as a new recycling center in the main cafeteria.
Best Natural Feature
The 565 acres of old growth forest is a very popular feature, as well as the nearby ocean that gives the campus an ocean frontage.
- Are Toronto's would-be waterfront condo dwellers being kept in the dark about the flood risks of living near the mo… https://t.co/kxNyOHbdqd — 4 weeks 22 hours ago
- ICYMI » UBC researchers explore how we can set aside half the planet's land without compromising our ability to gro… https://t.co/71ih3xApWm — 4 weeks 3 days ago
- Inside the plan to green Paris schoolyards and open them as community cooling hubs during heat waves. Because in Ju… https://t.co/jhB9F1tBKr — 4 weeks 6 days ago