Thompson Rivers University
- Adventure Studies (BTM)(co-op)
- Biology (BSc)(co-op)
- Environmental Science (MSc)
- Geography (BA)(co-op)
- Natural Resources Science (BNRS)(co-op)
- Tourism Management (BA)(co-op)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
Focuses on individual student experience with small class sizes, accessible faculty, research oppertunities for graduates and undergraduates, and co-op and study abroad programs. Students and faculty are highly involved in campus sustainability plans. New buildings are designed to reflect local heritage values, such as the Salish First Nation culture.
Many courses offer field components, both locally and abroad. The TRU Education in Research Centre, located in Wells Gray Provincial Park, is a natural biology lab that features survey trails, active sampling sites and old growth forest.
TRU supplies bike lockers and showers for cyclists, and water bottle refill stations. A $1.5-million energy retrofit will continue to roll out new facility upgrades. TRU also actively encourages its students to volunteer in the broader community. The Sustainability Grant Fund provides support for sustainability-related projects, initiatives and research by students and staff.
Best Natural Feature
Beautiful vibrant setting with substantial untouched landscapes, that include many walking, running and hiking trails just 5 minutes away from campus with a beautiful view of the city. Being centred in the heart of Kamloops, BC, the campus is surrounded by natural features, such as mountains and the two rivers meeting in the downtown, right in the centre of the city.
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 1 day 7 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 2 days 5 hours ago
- This Canada Day the Alternatives Journal editorial team were tasked with reflecting on the nature of Canada, what i… https://t.co/qsJQcT6CHW — 2 days 6 hours ago