Trinity Western University
- Biology (BSc)(co-op)
- Ecology (BSc)(co-op)
- Environmental Management and Planning (BA)(co-op)
- Environmental Studies (BA, BSc)(co-op)
- Geography (BSc)(co-op)
- Natural & Applied Sciences (BSc)
- Natural Systems & Resources (BSc)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
TWU is a Christian university with a focus on environmental ethics. ES programs include Management & Planning, Natural Systems & Resources, Physical & Analytical, and Biochemical.
Students get practical instruction through field courses and trips, employment opportunities and lab work in different ecological settings. Credits can also be earned through practicum experiences and research opportunities with faculty. Internship option available for any ENVS program.
Trinity Environmental Advocates (TEA) organize a range of events involving the campus and community in awareness and environmental education. TWU also has a thriving community garden with a strong core of volunteers.
Best Natural Feature
On campus is an Ecosystem Study Area with over 100 acres of natural habitat along with streams, a large lake, and a second-growth rainforest. The remote field station on Salt Spring Island, the Crow's Nest Ecological Research Area, includes the Garry oak habitat covering 70 acres of land.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 16 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 19 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 17 hours ago