University of Calgary
- Applied & Environmental Geology (BSc)
- Biology (BSc)
- Botany (BSc)
- Development Studies (BA) (co-op)
- Earth Sciences (BSc) (co-op)
- Ecology (BSc) (co-op)
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (MSc, PhD)
- Energy and Environment (MEng, MSc, PhD)
- Energy and Environmental Systems (BSc, Msc, PhD)
- Energy Management (Bcomm)
- Environmental Design (MEDes, PhD)
- Environmental Science (BSc)
- Geography (BA, BSc, MA, MSc, MGIS, PhD) (co-op)
- Geology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Geophysics (BSc)
- Geoscience (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Global Energy (EMBA)
- Global Energy Management Sustainable Development (MBA)
- Natural Resources, Energy & Environmental Law (LLM)
- Natural Sciences (BSc)
- Petroleum Land Management (BComm-PLMA)
- Planning (MPlan)
- Sustainable Energy Development (MSc)
- Tourism (Bcomm-TOUR)
- Tourism Management & Marketing (Bcomm)
- Urban Studies (BA) (co-op)
- Zoology (Bsc)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
University of Calgary is committed to becoming one of the country’s top five research universities by 2016. The school is a leader in sustainability and recieve the highest overall ranking of any Canadian institution on the 2013 Sustainability Tracking, Assesment and Rating System (STARS). U of C provides a rich learning environment and is deeply involved in the local community.
Many courses feature fieldwork and/or lab components, while a number of programs involve a co-op option. Energy and Environmental students can take two of their senior courses in China. Environmental Management courses include a required Research project that focuses on either physical or social science. Environmental Engineering students pursue projects that aim to solve real-world challenges and have the opportunity to present their ideas at a design fair.
The university promotes a "young and vibrant" campus with a variety of student services, campus culture initiatives, atheletics and recreation. The U of C’s SustainabilityON website connects students with events, clubs and volunteer opportunities. There are a number of sustainability-oriented clubs and volunteer opportunities. WISE is a student organization dedicated to supporting and encouraging women who are interested or engaged in science or engineering careers. Programs for international study, work, volunteerism and research give students the opporunity for a diverse, global learning experience. Students can also discover the thrill of hanggliding or learn about avalanche safety at the Calgary Outdoor Centre, the city’s largest outdoor equipment rental centre and playground.
Best Natural Feature
The university is within roughly an hour's drive from the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 17 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 20 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 18 hours ago