University of Lethbridge
- Agricultural Biotechnology (BSc, MSc) (co-op)
- Agricultural Studies (BA, BSc, MA, MSc)
- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Biosystems & Biodiversity (PhD)
- Earth, Space & Physical Science (PhD)
- Environmental Science (BSc, MSc) (co-op)
- Evolution & Behaviour (PhD)
- Geographical Information Systems (MSc)
- Geography (BA, BSc, MA, MSc) (co-op)
- Geography (PhD)
- Geography & Archaeology (BA, BSc) (co-op)
- Urban and Regional Studies (BA, MA) (co-op)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
Located in Calgary, University of Lethbridge provides a supportive, personalized learning environment and focuses on cutting-edge research. The school's liberal education policy creates well-rounded students, giving them the opportunity to take courses in a broad range of disciplines in addition to their program's core courses. The school offers various degree programs and multidisciplinary majors.
Co-op programs and internships offer students an extended learning environment and valuable real-world experience. Work terms range from 4 to 16 months. Students can gain hands-on experience as paid research assistants or teaching assistants. The faculty are involved in research that directly impacts the local community, and students are given many opportunities to participate. Independent Study programs give students further opportunity to refine their research skills.
Numerous student-run clubs promote environmental awareness and action, including Agricultural Awareness Week. The Sports Centre is LEED-certified, built with 20 per cent recycled material and drawing 60 per cent of its power from local wind sources. Department and program co-ordinators often organize supplementary tutorials and clubs to help students succeed to the best of their ability. There are many program-based initatives, such as the Geography department's traditional reading week trip to Death Valley.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 18 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 21 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 19 hours ago