University of Windsor
- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Earth Sciences (MSc, PhD)
- Environmental Science (BSc)
- Environmental Studies (BA)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
University of Windsor is an internationally oriented, diverse and innovative place to learn. The school is connected to a number of research networks, including the Canadian Aquatic Invasive Species Network, Auto 21, and the Centre for Hybrid Automotive Research & Green Energy. The Centre for Engineering Innovation is a “living” showcase of green technologies, featuring cutting-edge labs and an expansive green roof. The interdisciplinary ES program provides a broad perspective on the social, cultural and ethical factors affecting human relationships with the environment.
The school offers small class sizes for undergraduate students and even small laboratory sections, beginning in students' first or second year of study. Many courses include a field-trip or field-study component. Students with a GPA higher than 75% per cent can apply to be teaching assistants in a course they completed with 80% or higher. The university has developed student exchange partnerships with universities around the world.
The Earth Sciences Club organizes social and educational events for students, including field trips. The school's food services are committed to sustainability through local food purchasing and environmentally friendly practices. Students can volunteer for local non-profit agencies and receive recognition on their transcripts.
Best Natural Feature
The on-campus Stewart Moore Carolinian Garden consists of plants native to the Essex County area since before human development. The campus is also adjacent to the Detroit River and not far from Point Pelee National Park, a lush Carolinian forest with beaches and hiking trails.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 16 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 19 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 17 hours ago