Each week, A\J staffers will be sharing our favourite facts & findings from whatever books, articles, documentaries, podcasts and other media we've been consuming. Here’s what we’ve learned this week.
Things from the Internet!
In the first 75 days of 2015, Costa Rica used 100% renewable power!
Source: Science Alert \ Found by nik
The US Geological Survey launched a new seafloor and aerial video and photography portal. Cruise the interactive map and explore the deeps from your desktop!
Source: USGS \ Found by nik
Ganymede, Jupiter’s largest moon, has been added to list of places where water is abundant in our solar system! When the Hubble Space Telescope found auroras over the moon, it was expected that they would wobble around the poles. But they didn’t, the only explanation being that it was being counterbalanced by a buried ocean.
Source: National Geographic \ Found by Samantha
A new study says the best way to keep your cat from slaughtering everything, is to make it wear a hair scrunchie.
Source: ABC \ Found by nik
Chinese scientists have developed the first hydrogen-powered tram in an effort to mitigate the large amount of smog that pollutes many of its cities. Water is its only emission!
Source: Science Alert \ Found by Samantha
This day last year...
Guide to Natural Spring Cleaning
Photo © geografika \ via Fotolia.com
Last year, Jessica Burman and Green Living Online taught us how to ditch the chemicals and deep clean our homes for spring cleaning – the healthy way. This year, A\J is at the Green Living Show at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto!
Map of the Week!
Video of the Week!
A marine biologist and photographer filmed a time-lapse of corals and sponges close-up and it looks awesome.
- A\J Editorial Board (18) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (160) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (85) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (213) Current Events
- EcoLogic (8) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (24) Food and Culture
- Green Living (32) Green Living
- Made in Canada (21) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (54) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (12) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (7) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (57) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (38) The Wild Side
- Think Global (14) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 22 weeks 2 days ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 22 weeks 2 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 22 weeks 3 days ago