Most Earth-like Exoplanet Started out as Gas Giant by NASA Goddard Space Flight Center \ CC BY-SA 2.0
NASA's powerful Kepler telescope has shown that almost all stars in our galaxy have planets. This breathes new life into the Fermi Paradox, which considers why, given the age of the universe and vast number of planets, we have not encountered alien civilizations.
Recently an astrophysics professor put forward a theory to answer the Fermi Paradox: All advanced civilizations inevitably destroy themselves through self-inflicted climate change brought on by intense energy harvesting of their home planets.
In this audio piece we meet Leonard, Rose and Lanny as they ponder the existence of aliens and whether disastrous climate change is inevitable for us and the rest of life in the universe.
All music in this piece was produced from this NASA Sputnik sample.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- It's Friday! In this week's #SummerStudentTakeover, we take a look at Canadian cottage culture with Mystaya Touw… https://t.co/oC0PQtjgwP — 5 days 22 hours ago
- The new Recap is up! There's no feature this week, but stay tuned - A\J's adventures in Louisiana are coming soon https://t.co/xg3gAaXyka — 1 week 1 day ago
- A\J looks at how @ClimateActionWR is working to reduce Waterloo Region's emissions https://t.co/mADWfupWTn https://t.co/NH7grME2lW — 1 week 2 days ago