A\J was thrilled to host a roundtable discussion at the Environmental Studies Association of Canada’s 2015 conference (ESAC 2015), held at Congress 2015 in June.
A panel of experts, including Members of Parliament, leaders of national not-for-profits and experts on policy and climate change, came together to discuss how Canadians can raise environmental and sustainability concerns in the upcoming federal election.
Here’s what some of the speakers had to say after a thoughtful and insightful discussion.
Videos courtesy of The Green Majority. View the event page for the full list of panelist, bios and more.
Elizabeth May, MP - Saanich-Gulf Islands, Green Party
John McKay, MP - Scarborough-Guildwood, Liberal Party
Normand Mousseau, Professor, Université de Montréal
James Meadowcroft, Professor, Carleton University
Stephen Scharper, Associate Professor, University of Toronto
Katharine Fletcher, Journalist
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (185) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- It's Friday! In this week's #SummerStudentTakeover, we take a look at Canadian cottage culture with Mystaya Touw… https://t.co/oC0PQtjgwP — 3 days 8 hours ago
- The new Recap is up! There's no feature this week, but stay tuned - A\J's adventures in Louisiana are coming soon https://t.co/xg3gAaXyka — 6 days 7 hours ago
- A\J looks at how @ClimateActionWR is working to reduce Waterloo Region's emissions https://t.co/mADWfupWTn https://t.co/NH7grME2lW — 1 week 7 hours ago