In these times of climate change, with unexpected floods and drought, this issue shows how important it is to take care of our freshwater and marine resources. A\J travels from coast to coast to coast to examine fresh- and salt-water initiatives that are making waves and inspiring change in our resource-blessed country and beyond.
Water is on newsstands this month. Subscribe and get it as your first issue in January. Order now and we'll send it right away.
Some of the highlights:
- Andrew Reeves' exploration of the Asian carp invasion threatening the Great Lakes
- Lisa Szabo-Jones’s breathtaking photo essay portraying the hidden beauty of salt marshes, those places “between the tides.”
- A look at the latest efforts to harness the Bay of Fundy’s magnum tidal power.
- A proposal for an Arctic Sanctuary to protect against oil drilling.
- Spotlights on Earth Day Canada’s Hometown Hero award winners.
- Environmental journalist Alexandra Scaman dives into a world of turbulent waters - investigating water equity issue… https://t.co/8MUo6tSgAC — 7 hours 18 min ago
- INSIDE STORY! EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MINISTER CHAGGER! HOW IT IMPACTED 35,000 YOUNG CANADIANS! What impact did th… https://t.co/rKJjbQ4vbc — 1 day 11 hours ago
- RT @TimNashCFP: I am hoping that this issue will inspire readers and spark conversations with financial advisors and investment man… https://t.co/zR5Rp43Xaq — 2 days 4 hours ago