In these times of climate change, with unexpected floods and drought, this issue shows how important it is to take care of our freshwater and marine resources. A\J travels from coast to coast to coast to examine fresh- and salt-water initiatives that are making waves and inspiring change in our resource-blessed country and beyond.
Water is on newsstands this month. Subscribe and get it as your first issue in January. Order now and we'll send it right away.
Some of the highlights:
- Andrew Reeves' exploration of the Asian carp invasion threatening the Great Lakes
- Lisa Szabo-Jones’s breathtaking photo essay portraying the hidden beauty of salt marshes, those places “between the tides.”
- A look at the latest efforts to harness the Bay of Fundy’s magnum tidal power.
- A proposal for an Arctic Sanctuary to protect against oil drilling.
- Spotlights on Earth Day Canada’s Hometown Hero award winners.
- @GreenPACdotca is hosting a live event on January 19th regarding the implications of the U.S election. Get your tic… https://t.co/xFt8YHwDsa — 1 day 1 hour ago
- A/J is looking for a graphic designer to join our team in creating our next issue, Playbook for Progress! This is a… https://t.co/AIBdMzFikz — 1 day 1 hour ago
- Take a trip along the wild side of electric vehicle spontaneity to see how A\J ended up planting some roots in a ve… https://t.co/GNHMQBNDMy — 1 day 20 hours ago