- Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Ecology (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering: Power & Renewable Energy Option (BEng)
- Environmental Assessment (MEnv)
- Environmental Geography (BSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc)
- Geography, Urban & Environmental Studies (MSc)
- Human Environment (BA)
- Urban Planning & Urban Studies (BA)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
Concordia is located in the cultured and diverse city of Montreal. The school is revitalizing downtown Montreal and is committed to sustainability through its pledge of progressive environmental stewardship. The Loyola City Farm School facilitates education through experiential learning. It runs workshops, lectures and an urban garden that donates food to the local community. Concordia places highly in international sustainability rankings. The John Molson building is LEED registered and boasts a cutting-edge solar wall.
There are numerous local and international field school opportunities along with training, internships and volunteer positions available through the City Farm School. The rooftop greenhouse is an all-organic space to learn, research and build community.
Several student-led environmental groups operate on campus. The Sustainability Education and Engagement group provides resources, runs popular educational workshops and maintains a blog dedicated to encouraging eco-friendly practices on campus. Community-wide initiatives include Le Frigo Vert (a non-profit, organic food co-operative) and free vegetarian lunches run by the Loyola Community.
Best Natural Feature
Quartier Concordia, the university's four-block neighbourhood, includes public green space and a vibrant, active street life.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 18 weeks 1 day ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 18 weeks 2 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 18 weeks 2 days ago