St. Francis Xavier University
- Aquatic Resources (BA, BSc)
- Biology (BSc, MSc) (co-op)
- Earth Sciences (BSc, MSc)
- Environmental Science (BSc)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
At the heart of a vibrant, student-driven town, StFX specializes in undergraduate education, offering abundant scholarships and an interdisciplinary focus. The school offers a welcoming residential community and a 94% student satisfcation level, one of the highest in Canada according to Maclean's (2014).
StFX offers outstanding teaching and exceptional hands-on research experiences. All programs offer a range of courses with lab and/or field components, as well as field camps facilitated by the school’s proximity to marine and freshwater resources. International learning opportunities are also available through the Coady International Institute, dedicated to developing global leaders.
The Sustainability Committee is responsible for driving on-campus projects that focus on energy and water conservation and waste diversion. Projects in the works are related to waste diversion and energy management. Popular student spots include Gabrieau’s Bistro on Main Street, The Tall and Small Café, or the peaceful Brierly Brook bridge. Students can also take part in the town's thrilling Highland Games.
Best Natural Feature
StFX offers a beautiful campus at the heart of vibrant, scenic and charming Antigonish.
- From Environmental (Soul) Print: "Islamic Cosmology = we are not the centre of the Universe” Read more... https://t.co/Be4bfNVifu — 41 weeks 4 days ago
- Call for submissions deadline is January 13th to the May 2017 International In-Situ Thermal Treatment symposium. https://t.co/4tb6iRJ2rZ — 41 weeks 5 days ago
- Interview with Michael Engelhard, author of 'Ice Bear: The Cultural History of an Arctic Icon' https://t.co/1ypJfReqIf — 41 weeks 5 days ago