Trinity Western University
- Biology (BSc)(co-op)
- Ecology (BSc)(co-op)
- Environmental Management and Planning (BA)(co-op)
- Environmental Studies (BA, BSc)(co-op)
- Geography (BSc)(co-op)
- Natural & Applied Sciences (BSc)
- Natural Systems & Resources (BSc)
Co-op option: Yes
Why Go Here?
TWU is a Christian university with a focus on environmental ethics. ES programs include Management & Planning, Natural Systems & Resources, Physical & Analytical, and Biochemical.
Students get practical instruction through field courses and trips, employment opportunities and lab work in different ecological settings. Credits can also be earned through practicum experiences and research opportunities with faculty. Internship option available for any ENVS program.
Trinity Environmental Advocates (TEA) organize a range of events involving the campus and community in awareness and environmental education. TWU also has a thriving community garden with a strong core of volunteers.
Best Natural Feature
On campus is an Ecosystem Study Area with over 100 acres of natural habitat along with streams, a large lake, and a second-growth rainforest. The remote field station on Salt Spring Island, the Crow's Nest Ecological Research Area, includes the Garry oak habitat covering 70 acres of land.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 4 weeks 5 days ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 4 weeks 5 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 4 weeks 5 days ago