University of New Brunswick
- Biology (BA, BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Earth Sciences (MSc, PhD)
- Environmental Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Environmental Management (BSc)
- Forestry & Environmental Management (MScF, MF, MScFE, MEM, PhD) (co-op)
- Forestry (BScF)
- Geoglogy (BSc)
- Geomatics (BSc)
- Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering (MScE, MEng, PhD)
- Marine Biology (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Terrestrial Biology (MSc)
- Water Resource Management (BSc)
- Wildlife Conservation (BSc)
Co-op option: No
Why Go Here?
UNB has two main campuses located in Fredericton and Saint John, offering a wide range of programs and resources while remaining small enough for professors to know students by name. Programs in Biology and Forestry emphasize field work and career-related summer jobs, helping students find employment after graduation. Biology concentrations include aquatic biology, diversity, zoology, marine biology and wildlife/ecology conservation. There are many scholarship opportunities and options for funding through research grants and the work-study program.
Biology students participate in an intensive semester of field work through the Marine Block Program. Field courses are offered in Marine Biology, Dolphin Field Ecology and Oceanography. The Environmental & Natural Resources program offers a fall field camp to fourth year students, who participate in 6 days of site-visits, discussions and skill-building. Forestry also includes outdoor lab courses.
Numerous student clubs and societies include the Environmental and Natural Resources Society, Bailey Geological Society, Environmental Action Society, Forestry Association and Wildlife Society.
Best Natural Feature
Students can enjoy the many walking and sitting areas, park benches, green spaces and trees throughout campus. The campus is also close to the St. John River, with parks and trails perfect for walking, biking, rollerblading and longboarding.
- From EATING AROUND THE WORLD article: "The long road to sustainability requires rebuilding our communities, and a g… https://t.co/gLTuZ7Rvu5 — 17 weeks 4 days ago
- A Valentine's Day (and every day) message from Jane Goodall: "Let us replace impatience and intolerance with unders… https://t.co/1WGML2toyK — 17 weeks 4 days ago
- For Valentine's Day: https://t.co/exvDzE2LQf — 17 weeks 4 days ago