We’re cleaning out the vault! (Literally – our back issues are stored in an actual vault.)
A\J's back issues chronicle the history of the Canadian environmental movement, and right now you can get any one of them, from 1971 right through 2013, for just $3.00!*
Save more by building your own back-issue bundle: get 5 for $10 or 10 for $15.
With 160 issues on sale, there's something for everyone – including contributions from the biggest names in Canadian environmentalism: Margaret Atwood, Vandana Shiva, David Suzuki, David Schindler, Sarah Harmer, Naomi Klein, Andrew Nikiforuk, Tzeporah Berman, Elizabeth May, Thomas Homer-Dixon, Maude Barlow, Wayne Roberts and more!
Not sure where to start? There’s always the beginning. Or try some of these suggestions:
- Winter 1975, which includes early coverage of Alberta’s Athabasca Oil Sands.
- Compare and contrast the 1997 and 2010 Biodiversity issues.
- The Climate Change issue: See where the conversation was in 1998.
- See what The Faces of New Eco-Activism looked like in 2000 – including an interview with Naomi Klein.
- Explore culture jamming and transformation in Consuming Culture.
- Get the story straight on green energy, emission caps and aquaculture in Something Fishy.
- Learn some tried and true strategies for Success.
- See how much hope there was for Greening Politics back in 2007.
- Our first Education issue includes advice from Justin Trudeau and Jamie Biggar.
- Harry Potter, social marketing secrets, and eating insects are all covered in Out of the Box.
- Size Matters explores the issue of scale, from pedal-powered biodiesel to artisanal mining.
- A house you could heat with a hair dryer? Read about it in Green Buildings.
- Traverse the ups and downs of Ecotourism.
- Call bullish!t on flawed logic and government cuts in 2012’s In Defence of Science.
- Get creative with the 2013 Art & Media issue.
There are loads of other awesome issues we haven’t listed here. Grab your copies while they last – and spread the word to eco-minded friends!
*Taxes & shipping not included. In the Waterloo Region area? Come on by and pick ‘em up to save shipping! Give us a shout at 519-888-4507.
- A\J Editorial Board (19) A\J Editorial Board
- A\J Special Delivery (186) A\J Special Delivery
- Backstage at A\J (87) Backstage at A\J
- Current Events (216) Current Events
- EcoLogic (16) EcoLogic
- Food and Culture (29) Food and Culture
- Green Living (36) Green Living
- Made in Canada (23) Made in Canada
- Renewable Energy (59) Renewable Energy
- Shades of Green (15) Shades of Green
- Summer Reading Series (8) Summer Reading Series
- Sustainable A\J (58) Sustainable A\J
- The Green Student (19) The Green Student
- The Mouthful (14) The Mouthful
- The Wild Side (44) The Wild Side
- Think Global (21) Think Global
- Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018 (4) Turtle Island Solidarity Journey 2018
Popular on A\J
- Read the latest by Alex Scaman with her interview tomorrow with Megan Leslie from @WWFCanada & why we should invest… https://t.co/OfrT8vQ0C0 — 1 week 4 hours ago
- RT @WWFCanada: “If wildlife is thriving, I believe the people will thrive.” WWF- Canada's president and CEO @MeganALeslie tells… https://t.co/8lLKehBc92 — 1 week 9 hours ago
- RT @BaldinoRick: @AlternativesJ @BranaDane Great work Brana!✌️ — 1 week 3 days ago