Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Environmental Protection Technology (Diploma)
- Plant Health (BSc Horticulture)
- Sustainable Agriculture (BAsc)
- Urban Ecosystems (Bachelor of Horticultural Science)
Co-op option: Yes
Why go here?
Kwantlen Polytechnic has developed a number of programs and additional credentials that meet the evolving needs of both regional and global employers. The school offers a unique opportunity to transition from certificate and diploma programs into bachelor's degrees, offering students an enhanced and applied education. KPU focuses on undergraduate students, offering small class sizes in a supportive learning environment. There are numerous opportunities for scholarships and financial aid. KPU's energy consumption is 50% less than the average North American post-secondary institution and the school is committed to waste reduction, designing environmentally-friendly buildings and reducing carbon emissions.
KPU students have access to Educational Advising in order to help them choose the program and career path that is right for them. Courses offer challenging, hands-on curriculums. The school boasts a modern and high-tech campus with labs, studios and facilities currently undergoing expansion. Work term options give students professional experience and allow them to build a network in their chosen field before graduating. Study abroad opportunities prepar students to work on a global scale.
The Students Active For the Environment and KPU Students for Sustainability groups are very active on campus. Projects include planting native species on campus, organizing the school's first Sustainability Week, and assisting with the recycling program. Students have the opportunity to volunteer with staff from the City of Surrey for five weeks every fall, sampling creeks as part of the Boundary Bay Ambient Monitoring Program.
Best Natural Feature
Students can enjoy the nearby Van Dusen Botanical Garden, open to the public, with conservation-focused plant collections and beautiful landscaping.
- Could biomass be fueling out future? Watch The Great Biofuel Debate with Alexandra Scaman and Alex Goddard to learn… https://t.co/8QDTAZnhqN — 2 days 18 hours ago
- In honour of #PlasticFreeJuly take a quick read about impact of microplastics! 🌍🐠 https://t.co/wtVi4mWdEI https://t.co/QL7AbF53yQ — 3 days 21 hours ago
- RT @ShanellaLR: Check out my article on a report that the @greenbeltca released today regarding the creation of complete/ compact c… https://t.co/Cc1ztmsQm2 — 4 days 19 hours ago